A modernized web-based application and updated processes yield scalability and time-savings, for both Spindlemedia and their customers
Spindlemedia supports automation across almost every aspect of the property tax collection process with a complete suite of high-quality software products. Whether tracking and reporting liquor permits or filing mobile home reports, Spindlemedia helps tax offices throughout Texas achieve accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency.
The company saw opportunities to expand their customer base within the state, but needed to modernize their offerings to add features that larger tax offices would require. We partnered with Spindlemedia to help them increase automation, provide more flexible reporting, and improve reconciliation—all in service of saving their customers time.
Let's work together. Connect with us today.
- The legacy software was written in an outdated language that was becoming increasingly difficult to support
- The software also lacked modern, user-friendly features like a responsive web interface
- Multiple tenants to manage and limited customer testing availability made development more tricky
- Spindlemedia’s own team didn’t have the capacity to maintain the existing codebase and work on new features at the same time
- Needed a partner with expertise in User Experience design and a set of standards to streamline the development process
- Performed extensive user interviews and maintained close-knit communication to clarify the client drivers
- Provided design references and created a thorough backlog for the development of a responsive web application
- Modernized the VB6 application in .NET Core using Razor Pages and Blazor Web Assembly to create a responsive UI
- Pivoted along the way as project needs changed and helped the team develop processes for work-creation and tracking
- Worked one-on-one with client developers and provided guidelines and documentation to modernize team processes
- The new web-based software will enable Spindlemedia to scale their vision for the business
- Customers have a simpler time using payment systems, more robust account search capabilities, and new features that support productivity
- Their team has new knowledge of modern languages, Software Development Lifecycle practices, and team/work management processes
- Low defect/issue reporting from Spindlemedia’s existing users and eager adoption by tax jurisdictions
- Spindlemedia now has the tools and knowledge to continue improving their system, without the need for future overhauls